In this world of ever increasing Wi-Fi devices, I think this post will be very helpful.
Method 1 (Very easy)
Download and install connectify (About 3MB) from the below mentioned link
If the above method does not work, you can go for the below method:
Method 2 (The Geeky Method)
This will work only if u have an icon consisting of two PCs to connect to internet like in case of “BSNL Broadband”.
First open “Network and Sharing Center”->”Change adapter settings”
Right click the icon u use to connect to net, BSNL in my case -> Properties -> Sharing -> Check allow other network users to connect bla bla . and select wireless network connection from the drop down list (if applicable) . Click apply.
Open Start Menu and type wireless box Search, Then Manage wireless networks :
Press Add add wireless networking to start :
Next, select Create an ad hoc network … :
You will receive notification and instructions for creating introducing ad hoc networks as follows , select Next :
Named to the newly created network , security selection methods if necessary , check Save this network if you intend to regularly use this network model . Set security measures must also depend on the ability of wireless devices :
Then wait a bit to create the network are :
Message window networks have been successfully created and ready for use :
Check the entire wireless network by clicking the icon in the system tray, if successful you will see the network created above is ready and waiting to connect to others :
Next, switch to computer remainder ( client) , select the icon to see all the wireless signals of the network , then connect to the newly created ad hoc network :
On the server – the host , you’ll see the signal from another computer just to connect to ad hoc system
Once you start this connection u will be able to select it on ur mobile device. Connect and enjoy net 🙂
Had spent some time to discover the second method.
1. Make sure the wireless card is on
Before trying anything, you should make sure the wireless card is on.
Wireless Network Icon
If your wireless card is on, you should see an icon like this one in your task bar.
2. Create a wireless network
First of all you need to create the wireless network where your computer will appear as an HotSpot.
- Right click on the Wireless Network Icon and select “Status”
Once you see this dialog, press the button “Properties”.
- Select the tab “Wireless Networks” and
press the button “Add…”.
- You’ll see the following dialog.
- Enter a name for the network (SSID), e.g. MMN.
- Protect your network with encription via the WEP key.
- Make sure it is you, and not the computer to provide the Network key.
- Enter your Network key, it must be 10 figures exadecimal number, e.g. “abcdeabcde”.
Press the button “OK” and you should see the following dialog and
press the button “OK” to close it.
3. Start -> Run -> Type “ncpa.cpl” in the text-box and press enter.
4. Right click the icon you use to connect to Internet; ‘BSNL’ in my case and select properties
Move on to the advanced tab and make sure the following option is checked
5. Select the earlier created network in step 2 on your mobile device and you are ready to go.
I have tried to make the post as simple as possible.
If you are still facing any issues I will be happy to hear them in the comments section.